Hi, I’m adina
A Photographer in Brooklyn, New york
Hi! I’m Adina (she/her/hers). I’m a documentary + lifestyle photographer in Brooklyn, New York. I photograph families, small businesses and events.
I love getting YOU in beautiful photos with your loved ones! I capture small, intimate moments that you can hold on to for a lifetime and beyond.
I understand and connect with people and kids of all ages. I’ve worked with children my entire adult (and teenage) life as teacher in NYC public schools, summer camp staff, and way-back-when, a babysitter.
Some Fun Facts About Me
- I bake challah for Shabbat on most Friday nights.
- I try running every couple of years, love it, and then stop for a very long time. I’m very okay with this!
- Just like me, my daughter gets creative to relax and destress.
- Obsessed with Hadestown on Broadway. Go see it (or at least listen to the soundtrack).
- Vegan and proud of it!
- My husband and I were featured in Weight Watchers Magazine! The photoshoot was upstairs at Chelsea Market and was so cool!
- I’m a fourth generation artist. My daughter is a fifth.
- My son’s love of dinosaurs has spread to our family. It’s been five years now and still going strong! My fave dinosaur to say is, “parasaurolophus.”
- I’m a Ravenclaw, so is my daughter. My husband is Gryffindor and my son is a proud Slytherin. 😉
- I strongly stand with Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIA+, AAPI, Jews, Muslims, Refugees, Asylum Seekers.
- I try to go Zero Waste where and when I can.
- I could live off of all of the vegan dipping sauces from Trader Joe’s (and something to dip in them).
- My brothers are twins.
- My husband and I met online on a dating site (JDate!) in 2007.
You can find me documenting my life in Brooklyn with my husband (he’s a magician!), our two adorable kiddos and our 60 lb dog, Smokey. You can check out some more of my personal and client work on Instagram: @adinalernerphotography.
View My Latest Work
WHEN I BECOME PART OF YOUR FAMILY FOR A DAY, AND THEN WE GET TO SEE EACH OTHER AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD, AND CHAT ONLINE, WELL, THAT’S JUST THE BEST. LOVE ALL OF MY BROOKLYN (AND BEYOND) FAMILIES!
View My Interview on News12